Wednesday 2 May 2012

Why Rihanna is a Real Nigga

Lately it seems there's been a lot of attention on my girl Rihanna. All this talk and chit chatter about the 'person she is becoming' has been buzzing in my ear for months. Well, enough is enough. I'm gonna tell y'all why, in my humblest of opinions, Rihanna is a real nigga.

Being a fan is one thing. That implies you love an artist for their music and performance. You love the ARTIST, not necessarily the person. Rihanna is one of those artists I believe would be my home girl in real life. Probably sounds corny but check her instagram. Shorty does the same shit I do nearly every weekend. Yes, duh she's got oodles more gwap than I, but the fundamentals are the same.



Everyone seems soooo concerned about her. Well, concern is the word THEY use. To me they're being fass (nosy) and judgmental. I heard a radio host complain that RiRi was "too aggressive," and "...why would she have her middle finger up in the pic. Like, I like Rihanna why would she flip me the bird?" Holy shit. Give me a fucking break. As if every non-celeb female doesn't take the same sort of pics. "Her performance outfits are so sexual and revealing," oh, because she is the first female performer to skin out on stage. Obviously. "She's smoking weed, and drinking and partying. Her friends are worried she's becoming the new Lindsay Lohan," she's the same age as me. I smoke weed, drink and party, and I'm not famous. So I guess that makes her normal. And really? Lindsay Lohan? Even Lindsay isn't the new Lindsay Lohan. And considering that her friends are partying with her, I doubt they're actually worried.

The weed thing is what gets me. Rappers talk about how much weed they smoke in every song. They post pictures of them smoking reefer with their famous friends all the time. So why is it a problem for Rihanna to be burning it down? Did we all suddenly forget she's from a Caribbean  island? LOL... No, seriously. Weed smoking is like... A skill we are born with. Or is the media more concerned with a female stoner being as popular and mainstream as she is? Oh.... I see. This is a bitch thing now is it? We're always okay with the boys behaving badly because, boys will be boys after all. But let a chick do the same and Houston, we have a problem. Bullshit. I'm sick of double standards. Weed is universal, let that bitch smoke.



Lastly is the free-spirited, IDGAF attitude. People seem so offended that she would not value the opinions of those criticizing her life. I compare her to myself because I can relate ( on some level ). I have people judge my lifestyle every single day. They know only what they see and what I choose to reveal (which is a lot because I really don't care to hide) and judge that. There are of course fabricators and falsifiers who go so far as to make shit up, and even worse the angry/sad/jealous/bored folks who know so little and still have so much to say. I don't give a fuck about those people. I don't. So why should she? MTV tweeted and article about her 'controversial' pictures from Coachella: "Yikes! Rihanna sparks controversy over marijuana photos at Coachella," her response was fucking flawless: "Yikes! Rihanna ran out of fucks to give,". Even MTV had to admit, "well played,".



So why is Rihanna a real nigga? Because from what I can tell, she's just being herself. She's enjoying life at 24 the same way many of us do and would in her position. She's breaking up bud on a bald dude's head at an ASAP Rocky show, playfully flipping off her haters in her pics, smoking weed at any given chance, monograming her pillows with 'Cake', shutting down media criticism, making the paparazzi take shots with her at the bar and making it rain on strippers. This girl cares about nothing more than enjoying her life, while still doing her job. And that's about as real as it gets.



And if by any divine miracle Rihanna reads this: bitch I got a blunt with your name on it next time you're in Toronto.

The Articulate Bitch
(all photos from Rihanna's Instagram @badgalriri)

No comments:

Post a Comment