Wednesday 9 May 2012

The League of Handsome Gentlemen

Lately it seems the caliber of men I've been surrounded by has kicked it up a notch. Usually I'm looking around wondering "who the fuck let all these busted dudes in here?" but recently I'm loving what I see at every turn. 

We all have different tastes, that much is certain. I've had friends introduce me to dudes or point out dudes they like and I have to struggle not to contort my face in utter repulsion. A lot of niggaz is MAD UGLY son. But I begin to wonder, is it that they actually think these guys are cute or are they settling for some unknown reason?

Let's not sugar coat things, ok? We all know our lane. We know what type of man we attract, and what type of man we can get. Do looks matter? In the big (and little) picture, yes. Of course they do. A dude doesn't look at you and say "My God her personality is remarkable!" he can't tell by just looking at you. Well same goes for us. If I'm gonna eye fuck a dude from a distance you can be damn sure he's sexy, I'm not lusting after his stellar book smarts. But those superficial things will not keep someone with you. 

Handsome men have this "I know" cockiness about them. Sometimes that's what makes them so sexy to us. They know how and when to turn it on to rope you in. My homie CT is a perfect example. Dude is all types of fine. Like sexy to the last drop typa fine. And guess what? He KNOWS it. So yes, even though he is actually a sweet guy, he has that handsome-nigga cockiness that makes you curious about him. Just like the other handsome men I know. They do cute-nigga shit all the time. They hug you just a lil tighter, whisper in your ear just a lil closer, lick or bite their lips etc. ... I'm getting hot and bothered lemme pop a chill pill.........

Point is, all that confidence (which they're entitled to) can also make them intimidating. I've heard guys say the same about beautiful women, so I know it must be true. Something about their demeanor just makes you question whether or not you can handle them rejecting you on any level.  

I have just a gram of sympathy for them though. Imagine them trying to get serious with a female. Her level of insecurity is ASTOUNDING. Even if she's drop dead gorgeous, so is he. That means that for every 5 thirsty dudes trying to waste her time, there's 2 girls trying to snatch him. Problem is, where females have the advantage of saying no to random dick, men are more inclined to hit some no-name brand pussy just 'cause. Is it an unfair judgement to assume these fellas have hoards of women just eyeing your prize? No, of course not. But let's not lose all faith in The League of Handsome Gentlemen. 

Handsome men  are sexy to us because they have both looks and confidence. Confidence alone can make someone sexy to you. But HAVING confidence can make you sexy to others. Self-assuredness goes a long way for both sexes. Remain humble and know yourself but ditch your insecurities, they will always hold you down. 

The Articulate Bitch

No comments:

Post a Comment