Thursday 24 May 2012

Side Chick Confidential

Lately I've noticed a lot of talk on twitter about side chicks, and what responsibilities and expectations there are for one. I've seen the side chick slandered and virtually flogged by massa's riding the moral high horse. Well here comes captain save-a-heaux....

The side chick, the enemy of monogamous relationships everywhere. Let's clarify really quickly: a one-time infidelity with a female does NOT a side chick make. A side chick is a continuous relationship outside of your official one. 

There are so many angles to this. Firstly, it is NOT the side chick's moral dilemma. SHE is not cheating on anyone. She is wrong ONLY if she has a moral obligation to the main chick (friend, family member, coworker etc). She is simply an accessory to fuckery. She's enabling him to carry on his adultery. But this does not make the problem hers. Let's not talk respect. Respect would be him NOT having the side chick in the first place. Keeping shorty around past the first fuck to satisfy whatever need or fill whatever void is his choice. Side chick need only concern herself with him and what he wants/needs from her and what she's gaining from the relationship. 

Secondly, side chicks need to know their role. You are NOT his girlfriend. He is NOT your boyfriend. If he told you he loves you, he's lying, the box was just good. You don't get dinners at restaurants and movie dates like wifey does, because you do not exist. You are a secret. If y'all do go out, it's far from where you will be seen. You are NOT allowed to complain. He orders in and brings DVDs over because THAT is what side chicks get. He DOES need to show you some respect and be nice to you but he owes you NOTHING. If you don like it, don't fuck with him. It's just that simple. 

Also, stop catching feelings for a man you KNOW isn't yours. He's leaving you after he nuts to tell his main girl that he loves her and cop her some red bottoms. You got with him knowing he didn't belong to you, so stop trying to rope him in. Stop doing wifey things thinking that's what it takes to have him to yourself. He already has that, you are there to fill the spaces she doesn't. Furthermore, why would you want a man you KNOW cheats? LOL...

And ladies, please, stop caring about the main girl. She has her place, it's called FIRST. You can't have her place so don't creep her on networks, don't call or text her on some bullshit. He is NOT choosing you over her. 

I was explaining to @BrooklynCarter what my personal experience with being a side chick was like.  When I met homie, I didn't know anything about his marital status, but I learned soon after about it. So I did the usual mental pros and cons list. He is such a dope person I decided that I really didn't stand to lose anything by being involved with him. The deciding factor was that we didn't have to be very involved at all. Both of us have lives to attend to so we kept it within texts and the occasional meet up. Do I feel wrong? No, because I didn't want him like that. I love the person he is though. I kind of just gravitated to him. We're both grown ass, cool people. What we do is not to disrespect his girl, it's just between us. When we part ways, we're just us again. He respects my gangster and I dig his dopeness. We good. 

I'm not condoning having or being a side chick, I'm just saying that sadly many of us are sharing our significant other. Be happy if you've never heard about his other bitch. If he's still treating you amazingly, that means he has her in check. He knows what's good, she don't mean shit and he won't let her pass her place. Or he's actually faithful..... Maybe. Either way, don't hang the side chick. Hang the heating bastard if you want justice. 

The Articulate Bitch

2 comments:

  1. "The more I fuck these hoes the more I love my wife" - $tack Bundle$ ....this quote came to my head while reading....dope insight dope blog, keep doing ya thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not entirely true but to some extent it was. Enjoyed reading that.

    ReplyDelete