Thursday 26 July 2012

Rich Dick Poor Dick

The topic of rich dick arose on twitter the other night. I commented so much I figured I should write a full length post. 140 characters x 10 is a lot of opinion.

Last year I went to spend a month in Florida with my mom. It was literally just to get away and chill. However my mother doesn't ever stop working, so I had a lot of time on my hands. My mom would go to work, I'd sit on her balcony/self-made mini porch and smoke with a screwdriver or mimosa in hand every morning. This is where my adventure started with who I call the 4 gentlemen. The 4 Gentlemen convinced me in one month that I never wanted to fuck with a broke nigga again. Here's how...

Gentleman 1 - The Neighbour

He would be walking his dogs early in the morning and see me posted with my drink and cigarette. After seeing me a couple mornings in a row he asks me to come down & smoke with him. This became my morning ritual. Every morning, he walks his dogs, I drink, then we smoke by the pool. The weed was average, the company was great. Real cool dude, never asked me for a damn thing and even took me out for breakfast sometimes. No sense of entitlement.

Gentleman 2 - Ghetto Dude

I met this super ghetto West Palm
Beach County dude when I was grabbing cigarettes from the gas station one day. This nigga was too hood to function. Had he not been so damn cute with his dreads, tattoos, wife beater, grills and that damn Dodge Charger I would never have spoken to him. Turned out he was a nice guy, but I swear I needed subtitles when he was talking sometimes. There's accent, and then there's what this nigga had. He didn't take me to breakfast, but he brought me to have dinner at his house on his sister's birthday. His mom can THROW DOWN! He was great at keeping me occupied. Brought me to the gun range once and we even grabbed wings a couple times at some strip clubs. He did all those things with a smile and without a single complaint.

Gentleman 3- Working Man

Number three was most like a TDot nigga, in that he worked an actual legal job. He took me away for the weekend, we ate great food caught mad jokes, genuinely had a good time with this dude. He's the eldest and most established of the gentlemen, which allowed me to appreciate his maturity. Never asked for anything but took care of me. I can appreciate that.

Gentleman 4 - Mr Spender

I met Mr Spender close to the end of my trip. Obviously I wished I met him earlier. Mr Spender was very materialistic, a little shallow but very sweet if he was interested. His name kinda sums it up. If I wanted it he bought it. If I wanted to go somewhere, he brought me. If I wanted to eat something he got it for me. Great guy.

I came back to Toronto and felt like I had stepped in shit. Yeah, I know. But I was treated like a princess in the south. Dudes were willing to do nice things to get to know me, and they never complained because to them it's just part of the process. Before I continue, I feel the need to say I did NOT, in fact have sex with all 4 gentlemen. Only one. It wasn't Mr Spender either.

You know what comes with poor dick? A great personality, time they're willing to spend (since they ain't got money), and stress. Why stress? Because they gotta worry where their next dollar is coming from. They don't share that stress all the time, but when they do it's an avalanche of self pity. Now you as a female gotta babysit this niggaz feelings and reassure him. Broke dick is usually so good though, it frustrates you into letting the moths in his pockets live.

I like dudes with money. Any girl comfortable enough to be honest does. I don't like them or want them because they'll spend it, that's nearly irrelevant. They're going to spend it regardless. If they're with you guess what they'll spend it on. Exactly. I like them because having money shows character. It shows you have to work to get it. You have ambition, motivation, perseverence, determination. Those are things I look for in a dude.

A dude with money also has a schedule. Shit he HAS to do. So you'll hear from him when he's got the time. His time means so much more because he barely has any to give. He's got to TAKE TIME OUT for you. That means something. A broke nigga has all the time in the world, and uses that time to do unproductive shit, wallow in self-pity, and bother you with his insecurities. I'm not down.

I'm not saying you should only want a dude with money, but want him for the right reasons. Dudes with money also have egos, attitudes and many times a sense of entitlement once they've come to a certain point with you. If you got a broke man, be his motivation to do and be better. If he's a lazy bum who complains but never acts, you make changes.

Relationships are meant to be mutually beneficial. No one party should be giving all and receiving none.

The Articulate Bitch

1 comment:

  1. A rich dick can also afford to get its balls waxed, and stands tall and proud like a nuclear missile. A poor dick is withered and depressed, and it owes money to the holes its fucked.

    ReplyDelete