Wednesday 4 July 2012

Club Chronicles pt11: Pride Edition

Very special edition! Celebrating everything that is Pride Toronto 2012!

I attended Blockorama for the 3rd year this year. Essentially, Blockorama is a black, gay block party. There are performances, live DJs, amazing food and drinks. The admission is free and the music is great. 

If you thought there could never be a gay dancehall scene (although the straight one is pretty gay as it is) think again. Blockorama had the crowd skinning out, wining up and getting real cyattie like. That being said, I released my inner cyattie and took it back with some old dancehall music. Yes, alcohol was CLEARLY a factor. Fuck you. Don't judge me. It was mad fun. But let's jump right into this. 

Firstly, if you can't vogue, DON'T. there was a lot of struggling going on in that crowd. Leave the dramatics to House of Monroe. They got this. Stop flingin' up yourself, nearly injuring yourself doing the dip or pulling a calf muscle trying to duck walk. Leave it to the professionals.  

I love drag queens. I love the exaggeration, the over-the-top glamour, everything! But what makes a good drag queen? I'm not expert but a lot of these lovely beings could use some makeup tips FOR REAL. For one, shave your face! You've got pounds of foundation on and ur stubble is poking through. That's gross. Learn to walk in those heels, please and for the love of our lord and savior, Madonna, comb your weave/wig. I would say it to the girls, so I'm saying it to you gurls. 

Just like at any other party, the inappropriate dancing was abundant. A lot of it I just excuses 'cause it was Pride and everyone was drunk or high or both. But some dudes were taking it too far past a bubble. You can dance together but mimicking sexual acts is wrong for every gender and orientation. Save that for the bedroom when you don't have to mimic for the sake of decency. 

Pride was epic. Beautiful. The most non-judgmental party I have EVER been to. I invite anyone to come next year. 

The Articulate Bitch

No comments:

Post a Comment