Monday 19 March 2012

Warning: Thirsty Girl Edition

... Why do bad things happen to thirsty girls? Toronto is one of those cities; we feel bigger than we are sometimes. Our ego here far surpasses our reality at times. I don't want to discourage anyone, Toronto is still awesome, but we aren't nearly as awesome as we portray ourselves to be most often.  What are we famous for? Drake... *rolls eyes*, the Weeknd, if anyone even recalls that he's from here, and of course: beautiful women. We've gained this reputation for having some of the most beautiful girls in the world. Thank our diverse cultural mosaic for that. Even celebrities come here expecting to see hot girls. It's no secret.  Now, I don't want what I'm going to discuss to be taken the wrong way (not that I care, it's just a little sensitive). It's not my intention to put anyone on blast, or to degrade anyone by calling them thirsty. I'm not calling anyone's character into question, I'm simply making an observation on their actions and decisions in specific circumstances.  That being said; why do bad things always seem to happen to thirsty girls? Celebrity males far and wide dread the same thing, getting caught in a fucked up situation with some girl they just randomly met after a show on tour in a new city. They keep their entourage close at all times just to have more eyes on the situation. They clarify EVERYTHING (or they should) before they do it. They don't want intentions to be misinterpreted, and they certainly don't want to misinterpret the girl's either.  The problem is when dudes, be they celebrity or average already have bad intentions and thirsty girls stop using the working side of their brain. Situations arise that can be simply embarrassing, mildly inconvenient or downright dangerous.  I've heard stories of girls getting stranded somewhere just because they went to check some dude. No way home and in an unfamiliar place. Losing. Worse yet I've heard of girls being humiliated by a dude or dudes in some not very nice ways (one chick got kicked out of a hotel room without her clothes. I kid you not). Then there are the downright dangerous, those situations where a girl loses her consciousness, her things and/or her life. These things DO happen. And it's not funny, it's not a joke and it shouldn't EVER be taken lightly. Girls get drugged, fucked, robbed and left (I have a personal vendetta against the word 'rape'. It makes me uncomfortable. I hate it).  I know. You wanna get around some guys with money and fame or maybe just a cute guy you wanna get to know for WHATEVER reason.  But at no time should your thirst overrule your safety.  THINK! "I don't know this guy, I don't know what he's about, I know NOTHING about him," you should be taking precautions.  Without naming names, I've done the "going to check a 'celebrity' at his hotel" thing. For one, I never ever ever go without bringing a friend with me. And not just any air head friend who's gonna leave me at the drop of a hat to fuck someone I the entourage.  I mean a level headed friend who can handle her alcohol and drugs (chill, I'm talking weed and MDMA at the most extreme) and won't leave me unless she and I both agree and understand that I'm safe and have a way home GUARANTEED.  I dunno where these females' friends are when these things are occurring but they all need to reevaluate their friendship. That's madness.  The moral of the story is to monitor your thirst. Don't let it get the best of you. Shit happens. Bad shit. In general it's just not a good idea to be in a private setting with a dude you don't know. Worst case scenario it's just dick you're missing. *shrug* The Articulate Bitch

No comments:

Post a Comment