Sunday 30 December 2012

2012: The Recap

My 2012 was the best and worst year of my life in so many ways. I like to get a little personal sometimes so here's a little bit of what made 2012 so memorable for me.... the good, the bad, and the ugly.

For one, on my 23rd birthday (October 12th 2011) I decided that if 2012 was going to be the last year on earth (which is obviously rubbish) I would enjoy every moment of my Jordan year, throwing caution to the wind and embrace irresponsibility in the name of savouring my "last moments". I spent every weekend at the same couple clubs building my network within the club industry with a few old faces and welcoming some new faces into my circle. Loved it despite so much hate. Quick shoutout to my club fam: Matt Mogul, Brooklyn, DJ Kicks, DJ Lissa Monet, DJ Whiteboy, Coco, Rich & the Wetbar family, the Time Nightclub family (Jack, Sarah, Mickey), Nammy Montana (LOVE YOU), the Scotians and the XO/CP Family.

I also experienced something for the first time in losing my ex (RIP R "F" J) which prompted the move from WPSSF to the creation of my solo project; The Articulate Bitch. I gotta say thank you to everyone who supported the move and my readers who made the move with me. I was worried for a while but it worked out wonderfully and I saw the numbers rise consistently since the conception of TAB. I got so much love and for that I am ever so grateful. I'm only here because of my readers, y'all don't even know how much I appreciate y'all.

I was blessed with the opportunity to do some work for dramaliketheDJ.com (granted it was gossip-ish but STILL). Had to be the best part of my summer, hands down. Getting to be on set for the My Moment video was definitely the highlight of the entire Caribana weekend. I haven't even deleted all the pictures yet lol. Oh, and I smoked a Newport with ASAP Yams (shameless statement, I know). Shout out Summer Walker (my Summajam) and Drama, they good peoples for real.

I wrote a post about long distance relationships in July. In all honesty, it was meant to be the summation of all the thoughts that had been consuming my mind for a while. I had been attempting relationships with a couple people by this time, all of which had failed. So I had a long talk with my mother, in which she shared with me why her long distance marriage had been so successful. My father had also just got married to a (very nice) woman who lives in Jamaica. So here I was surrounded by proof that long distance relationships can and do work. So I began wondering if the same could/would work for myself. I had already said I didn't care to date anyone in Toronto (sorry). Long story short, the law of attraction definitely works because soon after I wrote that post I was lucky enough to get the chance to find out for myself. He's dope, I adore him, shout out my king... blah blah blah lol.

That was the good. Here comes the bad.

In the "bad" category, my irresponsible party lifestyle put more than a dent in my financial life. All those cabs and food after the club and hangover remedies for the days I slipped up and drank the devil's piss (vodka) added up to my bank account crying for some restraint by the time denim jacket weather rolled around. Had I not had so much fucking fun, I would have said it wasn't worth it.

In the world of twitter it was the regular shit. Survived getting roasted twice, managed to abide by the first rule of twitter (don't react) when it came to the subtweets (and there were PLENTY) and even tolerated all the fugayzi Drake video recruitment spam. I also got a fantastic tweet threat which I will cherish til my dying days.

I went through more than a few boy dramas this year as well. Had one dude actually get real close to an actual commitment until he decided to let me know about his girlfriend (thanks again). Another dude thought he was the perfect dude for me since he was so laid back and nonchalant, little did he know, that wasn't at all what I was looking for. He's still a cool dude though. Had my last encounter with a light skin dude (see Louis Belt No Bus Fare) and discovered that I really didn't care at all for the fair skinned fellas at all. Confirmed why I made the decision not to fuck with baby fathers and even had to deal with a stage 5 clinger... who I haven't been able to get rid of yet.

In the females and friends department, I made a real effort to allow more pussy owning humans into my circle to no avail. Truth is, maybe I'm just not meant to have many females friends. Especially if they're going to stick their nose where it isn't welcome, if they're going to be fugayzi about things, if they're going to be petty about shit, or if they insist on being cool with people I obviously have problems with. That shit is dead. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

The ugly is a short list, but so relevant all the same.

The ugly of this year was more about shit I observed that I found to be repulsive. With the popularity of more high end brands and labels reaching new heights, so too did the frequency in fugayzi clothes and accessories. Exposing people isn't my style so obviously I won't go into too much detail but I will say this: a lot of these designer boys ain't worth the shoes they walked in on. Shout out to Dundas and Spadina for hooking so many of these niggaz up with that real real fugaga thang.

Vodka has to be on my list of the ugly for the simple fact that I turn into a drunken, uncontrollable, awesome mess. Every time I took even a half shot of vodka in a night, the result was a colossal failure. The night of Headliners, so many people got bottles of vodka late in the night I swear I helped about 4 people finish their bottle by the end of the night. When all was said and done, I puked so much I was vomiting breast milk. No country for vodka in 2013.



Not a whole lot changed this year for me besides my perspective on many things. I also changed my priorities, switching my focus more toward my future and long terms goals. I'm not one to make new year's resolutions, because I honestly believe resolutions should be made as the moment arises. I've been making resolutions all year long, as I learned more about myself, the world around me and the people I associate with.

We've come to the end of another year folks. The world didn't end and we're all still here. So what will make 2013 the defining year for you? I would tell you my plans, but you know me... I'd rather show you.

Much love to all my readers and followers, I adore y'all so much! Best wishes to all of you for the new year! Kisses to my misses and daps for my niggaz. See y'all next year.

The Articulate Bitch






2 comments:

  1. Love to see the growth.
    Happy new uears and all the best for 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didnt get to finish reading this and i have been slacking on the blogs i follow but i really liked this piece keep it up in 2013 and i wanna say tht u have come along way and having been an avid follower since WPSSF you have truly changed up ur style and grown alot ur posts never bore me i love it

    ReplyDelete