Thursday 26 April 2012

The Root of All Evil

So I went off on a bit of a tangent one morning about people discussing money that isn't theirs. Twitter got a taste of how I feel about this, so I expanded and clarified and here it is for my awesome readers:

Ok so I wanna know what people's obsession with money is. Mind you, it's not their OWN they're concerned with. It's everyone else's.  Why the fuck would I care about anyone else's money but my own? We don't share bank accounts. You don't pay my service charges. 

When ppl are arguing, the first irrelevant argument they bring up is the other person's financial situation. I'll use myself as an example because I'm sure I ain't the only one: I ain't shit. I'm not rich. I don't trap shit (my apartment's nick name is The Trap), I'm not out here swiping CCs, none of that shit. I'm just another Toronto girl, who has osap to pay back, high ass downtown rent to pay and I still need to eat and have fun.  Just like many of you have osap, maybe some credit cards to pay off, a couple mobile companies ringing off your phone, etc. I'm normal. I'm not living in the lap of luxury. My parents didn't have it like that so I wasn't raised in that. So for anyone, to decide that MY MONEY that only I work for is any of THEIR concern... I just don't get. Cuz most of the time, the ones pointing out broke ppl ain't poppin shit either. We see you. 

Money, can be faked. It's an illusion. A dude can wear head to toe designer fugayzi and get a comp'd bottle and look BALLING. Niggaz are out here PUMP FAKING, and y'all letting them call u broke. Nah. I'm broke. That's cool, I'll tell y'all straight up cuz I'm not worried for the future. I'll be laughing soon. If you yourself know that you ain't Diddy ballin'... You ain't even 'downtown rented condo' ballin'.... Why are you pointing fingers at peoples' pockets? When y'all was cool, you were part of the struggle. Now y'all arguing all of a sudden their bruk-pocket lifestyle is a problem? FOH. 

Fuck all that. I got a boring 9-5 I hate and bills to pay. Call me broke all you want, my balance is the same.  And if you're one of those finger pointing ppl, get a fuckin' life. Cuz ppl with money don't talk about it.... Unless they're corny or rappers... Or corny rappers. 

A fugayzi nigga/bitch call me broke? You're crazy. I have a job and ambitions that surpass it. Yall aint fuckin' with me. Broke = out of options. And I am never that. 

The Articulate Bitch

No comments:

Post a Comment