Thursday 14 February 2013

Love Notes

V Day is today ladies and gents, and in light of Love Notes tonight at Play Nightclub (Queen and Ossington) I've changed the title of Letters To My Him to .... uh... well.... Love Notes.

I sorted through the submissions and selected a few (of many). Sorry if yours doesn't get posted, truth is I received too many to publish them all. So here they are, in no particular order.... Love Notes.


First:


To My King, 

My one and only king. My king planned and prepared before he even knew he was; But patience is what i taught my self to hold. Seven years I held on preparing for the day he put away the baby game, the player game and became a man that found himself quickly to become, my king. His Queen I always was. For seven years he went through that trial  and error. Went from being my friend, my “ting”, a friend with a benefit? Wasn't so pleased with the last one, I could not except it. In my eyes, as his queen I shouldn’t have to. He was my best friend. Deep down we both knew the truth behind what we forcefully built, “The cover up” I called it. Said we were best friends but always ended the night with a passionate kiss. His exact words were “I couldn't resist”.

I was there through thick and thin. Loyalty even when I wasn’t loyal? Ya that’s my love life story. Hurt but still chose to stick around, cause I knew the kind of man I could compliment him to be, and I darn well knew I was going to do it successfully. Ambition, loyalty and Intellectual? Yes he had it all. A young man with a scorpion personality that I knew was only in this baby game just because no one earned his loyalty, his trust, they never gained patience or even bother to grow with him in every way possible, but I did.

His loyalty and his faithfulness, He decided to create footsteps with me I never even thought was possible to create. We are one, there are no halves, no such thing as a half. A  relationship is an understatement when it comes to describing the very set commitment I chose to be in. A believer in Christ?  Well he heard my prayers. He makes my temple, past, present and everything imaginable smile and the thought of him even being in my future makes me smile as well  The time we let progress only made us stronger. I am known as his wife, his queen his one and only. He only has to say it once; his body actions dose all the rest. One thing I don’t have confused I'm not observing through naive eyes. Referring to one of the blogs I read, The inner nigga in me is simply there, not to pull me back but to keep me in check. When the person you are with took time to work with the soft side and the nigga in you, then with the love they give decided to help you tame them both, so you can walk together side by side, mentally, physically and with every ounce of your soul keep them.

As long as it took, that’s exactly what you did. I didn't force you, the inner man in you always knew. Your heartbeat is heard in my chest. The inner man in you took your toys and replaced it with something we call reality and showed you how to open your eyes and use it. I Love every inch of your mind, every corner of your personality, every curve to your body and every step we take. Not side by side, but as the same foot steps. You are not my “other half” you are not my “soul mate” you are not my “man”, We’re simply each other with the same foot step, something I’ve always wanted, and needed to be.

Your Queen.


Second:

This guy. 
He is my "him".
He knows it and I know sometimes he abuses it. 
He knows I will be there with him, to motivate him, to listen to him and to fuck him. To enjoy dinners with him, watch movies with him, fall asleep on the phone with him. 
What he probably doesn't know, is that I knew he was my "him" a long time ago. When we first met three years ago, in fact. 
Though I never really showed it I expected him to know it. Deep down I had already envisioned us together 10 years down the road. We were living together, happy and in love and lust at the same damn time. 
That is where I hope to be. Till the sweet, sweet fantasies become a reality, I patiently work on me and he works on him, all the while, not neglecting us. 
We want to give each other the sun, moon and stars, but we, individually, have to reach them and possess them first. Then once we have acquired them, and only then, are we able to share them. It took me a while understand that notion because I was willing to accept him just as he was. But how could I, if even he wasn't content with himself. How was he supposed to believe that I was content with him? 
That being said, it's completely tolerable to appreciate somebody for who they are, but it is also crucial to encourage growth. It's good for him, for you and the bond between the two of you.
As he continues to aspire to be a better version of himself, and I do the same, it can only yield great results for us. 


.....

More Love Notes tonight as I sift through my email.... in the mean time enjoy the mini movie for the EVENT Love Notes, tonight at Play Nightclub (Queen and Ossington)...



The Articulate Bitch


No comments:

Post a Comment