Monday 7 January 2013

Letters to My Him

I love hearing from my readers because it helps me keep them happy. Letters to My Him is your opportunity to be totally and completely honest about and to the man who occupies your mind. The one who you think about when you listen to love songs. The man you fall asleep with thoughts of, and wake in the morning wishing was laying next to you. The apple of your eye, the object of your affection. This man could be anyone. Your crush, a guy you're talking to, the best friend you have feelings for, your boyfriend, the father of your child... Anyone. Let's break the ice and show that despite our strength and the power of society's new double standard, we are still the soft on the inside beings they secretly desire.

To be fair, and to give you an example of what I want to inspire in you ladies, I'll begin with the first letter. Enjoy.

"Dear King,

I've waited so long for you. I dreamt of you every night, wishing every morning to sleep longer just to have you again. You are the man of my dreams.

Man after man has disappointed me, hurt me, and made me feel empty. I was so lost as I searched for you in all the mistakes I made, all my poor judgement, all my indiscretions and embarrassments. I asked myself where you were. Why I could feel you so near and yet still never find you. Now I know it was all worth it. All those past experiences were to make me strong enough to hold you down the way you deserve.

I adore you. You are perfect. Your flaws however many or few, are not flaws at all but places for me to strengthen you. I don't want to complete you, I want to compliment you. I want to be the missing link, the known unknown, the Queen on your chessboard. Let me be what you've always wanted and never had. Let me be your final step to the greatness I see in you.

That same greatness is my inspiration to be great myself. I always want to be deserving of you. A whole man deserves a whole woman so we each are so much more than each others' other half.

You make me feel royal.

Love, The Queen. "


All names will be kept secret of course. It will be completely up to you if you share the link with your 'him'. Let the love flow! Share how you REALLY feel without being judged or poked fun at by your home girls. Here's your chance baby girl... Let him know.

Articulatetoronto@gmail.com


The Articulate Bitch

1 comment: